Creamy Avocado Pasta (Vegan, Gluten Free)
Avocado makes for a perfect creamy smooth sauce in this recipe, no dairy needed! pistachios, asparagus, and cherry tomatoes add nice flavor and texture. This dish is a healthy and easy to make vegan avocado pasta recipe!
Some health benefits of the following ingredients in the recipe:
- Brown rice pasta (gluten free)– Fiber, and protein.
- Asparagus– Vitamin A, C, E and K, fiber, antioxidants, calcium, and folate, supports heart and digestive health.
- Lime– Potassium, vitamins A, B, C, and D, calcium, magnesium, and antioxidants.
- Avocado– Monounsaturated fatty acid (healthy fat), potassium, fiber, and antioxidants.
- Basil– Anti-inflammatory properties, helps fight breast cancer and heart disease, and lowers cholesterol.
- Garlic– Boosts immune system, improves circulation, vitamins A, B6, C, K, phosphorous, potassium, magnesium, zinc, calcium, iron, a rare source of allicin.
- Pistachios–Protein, fiber, vitamin K and B6, iron, magnesium, copper, manganese, and selenium.
Creamy Avocado Pasta (Vegan, Gluten free)
9.7 grams of protein per serving
- 8 oz gluten free pasta I used brown rice pasta
- 10 spears asparagus
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tbsp lime juice (2 limes)
- 1 large avocado
- 1/3 cup fresh basil leaves
- 6 tbsp water
- 1 clove garlic clove
- 1/4 cup pistachios, chopped
Preheat oven to 425F. Line baking sheet with tin foil or parchment paper.
Place pasta into large pot of salted water and cook until al dente. Drain and rinse, return to pot.
While pasta is cooking, rinse and trim asparagus spears. Place them flat on the baking sheet and drizzle with 1 tbls olive oil, 1/8 tsp of salt, and the black pepper. Mix them around so they are all coated. Bake until they are fork tender, approx. 12 minutes. Remove from oven and drizzle with 1 tbls lime juice. Once they are cooled, chop into 1 inch pieces.
Place the avocado, basil, water, remaining lime juice, remaining olive oil, garlic, and remaining 1/8 tsp of salt into a food processor and blend, scrape down sides, and blend until smooth.
Add the avocado sauce to warm pasta and combine. Stir in half the asparagus pieces. Top pasta with remaining asparagus, pistachios, and cherry tomatoes. Enjoy!
*This post contains affiliate links, which means we may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link.
The following ingredients can be purchased on Amazon: